Senior CMS - Content Management System Java Developer - Music, TV, Social Networking, Movie & Digital Media Entertainment Integration
New York City, NY - Midtown Manhattan
$100,000 to $210,000 with exceptional benefits and relocation if required
Major U.S. based multinational media and entertainment company is seeking a Senior CMS Content Management Systems Java Developer who will work with the application development team on technical design, development, and maintenance of Internet and integrated music, video and social networking digital media applications for a mass market public facing web property and cutting edge (CMS) content management system.
- This is one of America’s TOP creative “Entertainment and Music” brands and this person should enjoy working in a dynamic media and entertainment environment.
- This Senior CMS content management system Java Developer should enjoy music, video and social networking application development and technical design.
The company is developing “next-gen” CMS technology to support mass market traffic and revenue associated with their multibillion dollar TV, Music, Motion Picture , Interactive, Social Networking and Wireless creative media brands.
- This is an exciting fast-paced environment for someone who is passionate about their work and wants to make a substantial media company in New York City their home.
This senior CMS content management systems developer will lead and participate in the design, architecture and development of a Java based content management system. (CMS)
- Work closely with all engineering resources - front and back end developers, as well as product managers, project managers, and designers
- Responsible for a highly trafficked, highly visible web site filled with music, music video, entertainment, movie studio and social networking content
- Help contribute to and implement best practices, with an emphasis on code reuse and shared code libraries, while maintaining a degree of flexibility for fast responses in an agile environment driven by major media and entertainment events and award shows.
- Assist in the technical development and mentoring of more junior developers
Perform assessment of new technologies, external vendor software and their capabilities.
- Perform build vs. buy analysis.
- Envision next generation technology; help define 3-5 year roadmap for the site properties.
- Take technical risks, be creative and envision next generation models for the entertainment industry.
- A commitment to getting results for time sensitive launches, promotions, and major music, TV, movie studio, special events and award shows.
This Senior CMS Content Management System Java Developer should have 3-4 years plus of experience with the following:
Full software development lifecycle in the Digital Media space
- Enterprise-level hands-on design, architecture, and implementation experience with Java / J2EE and related platforms / technologies in a team environment
Proficiency in JSP development and related technologies (EJB, JavaBeans and Java per se)
- Experience with Content management system, preferably implemented one based on JCR e.g. Day CQ, Magnolia
- Comfort in *nix / Linux environment
- Implemented RESTful architecture
- Mastery in at least one of the current SQL dialects
- Java design patterns
- Expert understanding of Object Oriented Design principles and Java design patterns
- Version control (SVN/CVS)
- Understanding, installation , administration and debugging of Web servers, e.g. Apache, Application servers e.g. Tomcat
- Proficiency in XML and related technologies, including XSLT, XML dialects such as SOAP.
- Optimizing web solutions and ensuring performance requirements are met
- Experience with (CMS) Content Management System(s), preferably implemented ones
- The following skills are a strong plus:
- Agile development and methodologies
Recent Projects in the Group
- iTunes Integration that requires video to be “mashed” with other iTunes counterparts on the Back End to display on the Front End.
- Incorporating 3rd party Video Players into the CMS.
- Gaming and Social Networking Interaction components
- Content Distribution and Syndication Initiatives across all media platforms.
- “NEW” platform development. Very cutting edge. Someone who loves technology and technology toys even if they are in beta.
Officer in Charge
Filcro Media Staffing
521 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10175
Resume / Info: e-mail
Z Java http://www.executivesearch.tv/html/tv_java_jobs.html
Y Java http://www.tvstaff.tv/html/java_jobs_in_tv_____.html
W CODEC http://www.tvstaff.tv/html/codec.html
CMS Java Development http://www.tvstaff.tv/html/cms_jobs.html